Thursday, April 14, 2011

PNG Ultrasound


Hello Again from Papua New Guinea Paradise,

Tyronza and I are well and working hard. I thought you would like to know what the ultrasound machine that we brought along has been up to.
For the trip over, I placed the ultrasound in a laptop case and took it along as a carry on bag. We had no problems getting it through customs, and I was able to protect it and keep it in eye sight.
Once here, I was able to cannibalize and old ultrasound stand for easy operation. I keep the ultrasound with me in the clinic and can easily scan anyone I have examined in just a few minutes. (We thought Tyronza would help in this aspect, but she is working in other areas.) It has proved to be of great value in diagnosing pelvic tumors and abscess, as well as for OB screening. I have gotten quite adept at OB screening, which can be done in less than 5 minutes.
I regularly roll the machine over to the OB ward, as well as surgical and medical wards. I have diagnosed abdominal tuberculosis as well as several liver tumors and bowel abscesses. The ultrasound is really a very valuable tool. The one I brought is quite similar to the one that was already here, so all the doctors know who to use it. I plan to leave it here, as it seems to work fine. If it breaks down, I can easily portage it back to the states for repair on our next trip.
Thanks a million to all of you who contributed to this purchase.

Papa God bai blesim yu,
Dr. P

photos can be seen: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19428&id=100001961413037&l=a20582723c..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19532&id=100001961413037&l=0b5634e363

No comments:

Post a Comment